Fake News reveals some commonalities of "Left" and "Right"
As I noted in an earlier post, if you thought 2016 was weird, then 2017 is getting even weirder. Several things stand out about the past 12-14 months.
1. Bernie Sanders was cheated and thereby Progressives were crushed and abused
2. HER heinous was defeated in the worst political upset in American election history
3. Populism, both left AND right, have emerged strongly
4. The corruption of American politics is now perceived by the majority of formerly disinterested citizens
5. The curse of globalism is now coming under attack from two directions: right AND left
6. The vastness of income inequality is ever more evident
7. As a corollary, the enforced austerity of the 99% is also gaining recognition
8. Fake News and Lame Stream Fraudcasters are now seen clad in the emperor's new clothes
9. While the DemonRATic Party refuses to change, Trump is rebuilding the Repugnants
10. Deep State has now entered common parlance.
Many other things are excluded by reasons of space only.
The issue at point here is Fake News: what is said and what is not said.
What is not said include things like Bernie's candidacy, DAPL protests, and (gasp!) some positive things Trump has done. Do not be misled by what I am about to write; I have no love for the Hairball. But really we must give honest assessments to Facts, not "Alternative Facts", not anonymous sources, not on unfairly edited reportage. If we fail to acknowledge contrary views then we are no different than the hypocritical "Mainstream" (i.e., establishment) Democrats. Believe it or not, sometimes the righties have a few valid points to make. We should recognize this. To not do so would be to partake of the rampant hypocrisy.
Are the extremes of the traditional spectrum, left vs right, actually coming together in some fashion? I think yes.
While surfing the intertubes, I listen to various websites, including Right Wing. One of the RW sites is the very pro-Trumpian Next News Network. To strengthen my conclusion of some fold in the political universe bringing the two extremites closer together is strong anti-war rhetoric from this RW site. It's brief, about 3:00. It starts out about John McCain briefly.
Although the next item is relatively trivial, at least to most people, DJT doesn't see it that way. No, this isn't about the size of his hands, it is about the size of his inauguration audience. Seeing is believing. Judge for yourselves.
The next bit reeks of post-Benghazi misdirection. Remember that internet video which allegedly started the riot? A planned, coordinated terrorist attack, about which Clintonites and BHO lied about? Now some news agencies are blaming a Trump speech for massive Muslim refugee violence in Sweden, insinuating that it was perpetrated by a Trump speech. Yeah, right.
MSM still has not given up on smearing Trump. Smearing is done by innuendo. Criticism is based on fact. Modern
news propaganda spewers of the MSM are parrots who say whatever their overlords tell them to say.
By smearing Trump, rather than criticizing actually harmful actions, MSM becomes the boy who cried wolf. They are becoming progressively less trusted every day.
The foregoing list of commonalities is small but is presented to show that some exist. A Republican Dove is still more Hawkish than a Progressive Dove. The overlap is similar but not identical.
Consensus needs to be developed whenever possible. Mitch McConnel and his fellow racist Republicans did not brook any consensus with Obama. DemonRATs do not seek consensus, they just roll over on their backs.