calling all russia-gate aficianados
this may be just a waste of time (esp. mine, lol) to even post this and ask any of you experts to fill in any context, etc., but as far as the mueller detractors, it ain't over yet. a friend of the café sent me this storify by Tweet yesterday. so...i headed to the home of the Queen of Russia-gate, marcy wheeler to see if i could make any sense of what's *said to be* afoot.
2. In addition, per NBC news, a federal judge has ordered prosecutors to file transcripts with the court of Flynn's conversations with Russian officials by MAY 31. You can mark that down as the END of the "no collusion" claim.
— Ale (@aliasvaughn) May 16, 2019
4. What this means: Flynn has Trump red-handed on obstruction, complete with VOICEMAIL evidence. Amazing. But... part 2 is even better. Bc Flynn shared "internal statements made by senior Trump campaign officials discussing the prospect of reaching out to Wikileaks." BLOOOOP!!!
— Ale (@aliasvaughn) May 16, 2019
5. Trump's PERSONAL ATTORNEY left the voicemail to Flynn, telling him essentially "well Trump is implicated so we have a NATSEC issue and we need a heads up if you cooperate with Mueller". And remember how Trump says he loves you. Um . Witness tampering. Obstruction. All that.
6. Now, we also have that little pesky detail of people connected to CONGRESS reaching out to Flynn and his attorneys with messages that "could have affected both his willingness to cooperate and the completeness of that cooperation". I will bet my $1 on DEVIN NUNES.
7. Back to the Wikileaks part of this, Flynn told Mueller about SENIOR Trump campaign officials discussing the prospect of reaching out to Wikileaks. but he didn't just SAY It. He gave Mueller INTERNAL DOCS. This implicates BOTH Trump AND his campaign for? Conspiracy/collusion
8. The aim of the Wikileaks contact was to coordinate the release of STOLEN material from the DNC and the Clinton campaign, bc hacked material is STOLEN, in order to influence the election and possibly change the narrative the day of the Access Hollywood tape.
9. That, my friends, is conspiracy with Russia bc Wikileaks possessed emails and material that RUSSIAN HACKERS had stolen. not to mention that even the TRUMP CIA has repeatedly said, through Pompeo no less (LOL) that Wikileaks is just
a front for RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE.
10. Jerome Corsi (yes, that one) said Stone wanted Wikileaks to publish their Clinton/DNC/Podesta material the day the Access Hollywood tape was made public. Corsi knows bc Stone called him and told him that was what he wanted. Why? Bc it would change the narrative.
11. Considering Stone is going to be tried exactly for conspiring with Wikileaks in order to publish hacked material, I'm sure you can add 2+2. The biggest twist though was half an hour ago as a judge ordered transcripts of Flynn's conversations with RU OFFICIALS to be filed. :O
oh, bother; here's the url of her tweet. maybe you can see all 17 subtweets as a stand-alone; i can't keep pasting then in one at at time. but here's #18:
18. The Mueller team knows full well the chain of events this sets in motion: they chose the most official and legal way to show how Barr is lying AND hiding evidence just and only to protect Trump, and how Trump DID obstruct justice AND conspire with Russia. BLOOP! /END
now miz wheeler's been a busy bee lately: four posts on may 17, these two on may 16:
'The Trump Campaign Discussed Reaching Out to WikiLeaks after WikiLeaks Helped Them Win’, May 16, 2019, emptywheel, some teasers:
"The newly released document shows that in addition to Flynn’s cooperation against his former partner Bijan Kian, there were three parts to Flynn’s cooperation with the Mueller investigation (assuming a remaining redaction, likely to be the counterintelligence investigation, is not part of the Mueller investigation in chief). Aside from revealing that Flynn told Mueller who else was in the loop on his calls with Sergey Kislyak and the detail that others (who are not named) cleaned up their testimony after he flipped, as well as details about obstruction — some, but not all of which — show up in the report, the addendum reveals:
The defendant also provided useful information concerning discussions within the campaign about WikiLeaks’ release of emails. WikiLeaks is an important subject of the SCO’s investigation because a Russian intelligence service used WikiLeaks to release emails the intelligence service stole during the 2016 presidential campaign. On July 22, 2016, WikiLeaks released emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee. Beginning on October 7, 2016, WikiLeaks released emails stolen from John Podesta, the chairman of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. The defendant relayed to the government statements made in 2016 by senior campaign officials about WikiLeaks to which only a select few people were privy. For example, the defendant recalled conversations with senior campaign officials after the release of the Podesta emails, during which the prospect of reaching out to WikiLeaks was discussed.
These references may be redacted in the Mueller Report.
As I’ve noted, one question from Mueller that Trump refused to answer was whether he discussed giving WikiLeaks a pardon. We know that immediately after the election WikiLeaks contacted Roger Stone and said they were more free to talk."
‘Chuck Ross Gets Pissy about Russian Disinformation’, May 17, 2019
and this related coverage from Linda Wood on May 16: ‘Roger Stone challenges DOJ to prove Russia hacked the DNC’, caucus99percent.com, May 16
i know less than zip about a lot of it, some of the players' name are familiar but foggy, but these folks ain't givin' up. too bad they're not challenging him on murder, mayhem, and evil deeds that actually matter to the rest of the planet. again. i hope i'm not wasting your time, but i wanted to leave this here cuz there are so many other stories to cover.