Why Bernie should not be president
This story has been told by me before, but reiteration will help, especially those unfamiliar with my views. Prior to 2016, I was a political ignoramus. Some readers may conclude, with justification, that I remain so. But, thank FSM, I saw the light and FELT the BERN. I contributed the max to him, went to his local speech, caucused for the Bern.
His message has remained the same more than 40 years. But the messenger has changed, and not for the better. Where Bernie in the early 60's was unafraid to become physically involved, as well as emotionally involved, in protests to the point of being arrested; the matured Sanders has developed severe spiritual osteoporosis: his spine has turned to jelly.
In the spirit of the current impeachment sham, I present to you a Bill of Particulars supporting my contention.
BS, whose initials now signify his lack of courage despite strong policies, never complained, to anyone's knowledge, when Tulsi abruptly resigned the DNC because their plot against BS (and remember, in this essay, when BS appears, it represent Mr. Bernard Sanders, formerly Independent as opposed to the more usual understanding of that brief acronym). Surely this bold move in BS's favor should have been lauded and its reason amplified publicly. But no.
When Nina Turner's appearance on the DNC stage in Philly was precluded, where were the protests by BS? As mute as Eric Ciaramella (to use a current example).
When BS was trounced at the DNC Convention, why did he endorse the Evil Queen, H. Rodent Clinton?
Even though he endorsed HER, why did he actually campaign for her (which actually alienated many supporters of his, including, me)?
If he felt obliged to campaign for HER, why so many times?
Changing the subject, temporarily, the issue of judgement occurs, of which several instances are now cited:
1. Espousing xenophobic anti-Russian faerie tale more than once--or even just once?
2. Refusing at any time to publicly acknowledge, let alone actively object, to the underhanded Clinton machine's nomination robbery?
3. Appoint a virulently anti-semitic Linda Sarsour to his list of surrogates? Her views were already well-known. Was this a pander to all Muslims or only to reassure the anti-Semitic ones that he wasn't out to get them?
4. Support Ilhan Omar, who is on her way to equalling the number of HRC's many financial and ethical crimes. Not smart, even if Bernie got the entire US Somali vote.
Now returning to the topic of spinelessness:
1. Supporting a grossly illegitimate presidential impeachment, even if Commander Cheeto is unethical.
2. Failing to call out, in the Gabbard fashion, the horseshit peddled by most of the Klown Kavalcade Kompetition
3. Failing to call out the suck-up Senatorial Dems going along with there Chump's appointments, even though all nominees would get through the Senate.
4. Un-endorsing Cenk Uyghur. The Cenkosaurus will be a powerful progressive voice. Cenk has a tendency to bombast and retains delusional Russiagate thinking, yet he is a true progressive in his heart.
Strength of character is a powerful determinant of achievement. To strength must be added a player. The strength and plan require enactment boldly, combined with a willingness to DO the unorthodox, not merely as in the case of BS talk about it (often as a whimper).
Bold leaders make mistakes. Pretenders, which Bernie has now proven himself to be, make mistakes also. But pretenders never admit mistakes. Has BS done so about any of this?
I will not vote for a jellyfish who's lost his sting.
Bernie, you have let me and millions down
Go home, enjoy yourself