Tom Steyer Takes a Few Minutes out of His Bribery Schedule to Talk About Five Rights
Or more likely, I simply got a robomail from a group supporting the Blue Pig Faction calling itself "Next Gen America". Here's a little snippet:
Injustice has existed in the United States since long before Donald Trump came around, with a Constitution containing as many flaws as noble aspirations.
As long as Mr. Trump sits in the Oval Office, our progress is stalled. But it’s our duty to demand actual improvements in the lives of the American people. While we work together as a movement to remove a criminal from our highest office, we also must have a conversation about the rights every American should be guaranteed.
To put our country back on the path toward prosperity for all of us, I am putting forward a set of protections called the 5 Rights:
The right to an equal vote
The right to clean air and clean water
The right to free, quality public education
The right to a living wage
The right to health, including universal health care
Yet, he and his fellow pigs use their wealth to make sure all of these things never happen. Saying that lacking these things is the fault of Dipshit being in office is a moot point, given the agenda Steyer and his fellow pigs follow in our Bottleneck Repiblic that only serves the 10% while ignoring the needs of the other 90%.
If Steyer and his blatantly center-right PAC were serious about any of this, they would call for the abolition of capitalism...oh, wait. To some in this community, he'd be a Bolshevik Loon if he did that, so I guess we can't have that.
No. The only thing we're allowed to beg for is pyrrhic regulation on the pigs for a decade or less that will only go away once the more authoritarian pig faction takes power again (Not that faction red ever really loses it anyway). Meanwhile, as the plebs among the red and blue pig factions continue to fight it out over which pigs get to rape them of what's left, the gold pig faction (the Libertarian donor class), just hedges their bets, ensuring they get what they want no matter which faction is in charge.
But don't worry, I'm sure controlled opposition like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will move the pigs with her pretty words just like Bernie Sanders did when Jeff Bezos killed benefits in exchange for less shittier wages. That'll show the pigs for sure.