Knox County in Tennessee elected a new mayor in August of last year. Glenn Jacobs is better known as Kane from WWE wrestling.
Kane Jacobs is described as a small government libertarian who wants to "make Knox County what President Reagan referred to as 'the shining city upon a hill.'”
He lists 7 points for major focus on his website:
1. Committed to keeping taxes low (says every republican everywhere)
2. Renewed focus on quality of education (more resource officers in schools?)
3. Continue to attract new jobs to the area (I shudder to think what sort of new jobs)
4. Improve our roads and infrastructure (*excluding areas where the poor live)
5. Full and absolute transparency (just like on WWE, right?)
6. Work to create safer communities (more militarized police on the streets)
7. A fresh outlook on limited government (all we need is
love more militarized police)
I know this is about a year too late, but I just learned about this last month when my son sent me a picture of himself with mayor Kane. I am so glad that my husband and I left Knoxville a few years ago. My son, however, still lives and works in Knox County.
There is a revolution against elitism at all levels in America. The "unwashed masses" (of which I proudly consider myself) are crashing the gates and The Establishment hates it!
— Glenn Jacobs (@GlennJacobsTN) July 7, 2018
I find it funny that he considers himself part of the "unwashed masses" while being not only a famous wrestler, but also in the insurance and real estate business and now the mayor of Tennessee's third largest county. What does that make me then?
WWE was in Knoxville last night (my husband watches it, unfortunately). Mayor Kane was there also.